Department of Civil Engineering
Ph.D. (Engineering), 2017, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032
M.E. (1st Class 1st) in Civil Engineering (Specialization: Structural Engineering), 2010, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032
B.E. (1st Class Hons.) in Civil Engineering, 2007, Bengal Engineering & Science University, Shibpur, Howrah 711103, India (Presently, IIEST Shibpur)
Phone: +91 9433421135
Email: atanush@gmailcom, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of research
Vibroacoustics, Noise control, Structural dynamics, Fluid-structure interaction, Non-linear Hydrodynamics
2018 – Ongoing – Rs. 12,56,000/-
Sound transmission modeling in underground railway system
- Sahu, A., Bhattacharya, P., Guha Niyogi, A., and Rose, M., (2017), A mobility based coupled FE-BE Vibroacoustic model for energy transmission simulation into an enclosure through a double-wall panel, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 141, EL598-604, (doi: 10.1121/1.4989729).
- Sahu, A., Guha Niyogi, A., Rose, M. and Bhattacharya, P., (2017), A two-stage model for energy transmission and radiation analysis of laminated composite double-leaf structures, ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 139 (4), 041008-1-13 (doi: 10.1115/1.4036390).
- Ghosh, S., Sahu, A. and, Bhattacharya, P., (2016), Observer-based H2-robust controller for active vibration control of laminated composite plate with optimally placed IDE-PFC actuator, ASCE Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 29 (3), 04015075-1-14 (doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)AS.1943-5525.0000569).
- Bhattacharya, P., Podder, D. and Sahu, A., (2014), Effects of active damping on parametric
instability of composite cylindrical shells using piezo fiber composites, International Journal of Aerospace and lightweight Structures, 3 (4), 445 – 471 (doi: 10.3850/S2010428614000026).
- Sahu, A., Banerjee, T., Guha Niyogi, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2013), Active control of radiated sound from stiffened plates using IDE-PFC actuators, International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 18 (3), 109-116 (http://dx.doi.org/10.20855/ijav.2013.18.3326).
- Bhattacharya, P. and Sahu, A., (2013), Free field acoustic radiation of composite plates with surface bonded PFC using RME technique, Journal of Acoustical Society of India, 40 (2), 77-90.
- Adhikary, B. R., Sahu, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2018), Modelling of sound radiation into the free field due to turbulent boundary layer (TBL) excitation, 13th Western Pacific Conference on Acoustics (WESPAC-2018), 11 – 15 November 2018, CSIR-NPL, New Delhi, India.
- Sahu, A., Guhathakurata, S., Saha, K. and Ghosh, S., (2018), Parametric study on sound transmission through lightweight structural panels, 2nd International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2018), 22-24 March, 2018, Chennai, India.
- Bhattacharya, P., Adhikari, B. R. and Sahu, A., (2017), Active structural acoustic control of sound transmission through a double-wall panel based on frequency weighted H2-controller, 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV24), 23-27 July, 2017, London, UK
- Sahu, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2015), Active structural acoustic control of sound transmission into a laminated composite enclosure using piezoelectric actuator-sensor pair with a frequency weighted optimal H2 controller, ASME 2015 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems (SMASIS2015), 21-23 September, 2015, Colorado, USA, Paper no SMASIS2015-9113 (doi:10.1115/SMASIS2015-9113).
- Sahu, A., Ghosh, S. and Bhattacharya, P., (2014), An H2 based optimal controller for active structural acoustic control of radiated sound power from stiffened laminated panels, Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics (ICTACEM 2014), 29-31 December, 2014, IIT Khragpur, India.
- Sahu, A., Ghosh, S., Bhattacharya, P., Unruh, O., Hasse T. and Rose, M., (2014), Energy transmission through curved double-wall panel: A numerical approach, The 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV 21), 13-17 July, 2014, Beijing, China, Proceedings of a meeting held 13-17 July 2014, Beijing, China, Vol. 3, pp 2035-2042.
- Bhattacharya, P., Sahu, A., Guha Niyogi, A. and Rose, M., (2013), A novel FE-BE approach for free field vibro-acoustic problem, Proceedings of ACOUSTICS 2013, 10-15 November, 2013, NPL-New Delhi, India.
- Sahu, A., Guha Niyogi, A. and Bhattacharya, P., (2011), Active vibration control of stiffened laminated composite plates using IDE-PFC actuators, Proceedings of International Conference on Composites for 21st Century: Current & Future Trends (ICC-CFT 2011), 4-7 January, 2011, IISc Bangalore, India.
- Bhattacharya, P., Banerjee, T., Pandey, A. and Sahu, A., (2010), Active structural acoustic control (ASAC) of laminated composite plates using piezo fiber composites, Proceedings of International Conference on Vibration Engineering & Technology of Machinery (VETOMAC-VI), 13-15 December, 2010, IIT Delhi, India
- NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP in 2001 for securing position within top 100 in Secondary Examination (10th standard).
- NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP in 2003 for securing position within top 100 in Higher Secondary Examination (12th standard).
- University Gold Medal in 2010 in Jadavpur University, India for securing highest marks in the department of Civil Engineering in Master of Engineering (M.E.) Examination.
- DAAD (Germany) Sandwich Model Fellowship to conduct a part of PhD research work in the Institute of Composite Structures & Adaptive Systems of German Aerospace Center (DLR-Braunschweig, Germany) from October, 2012 to December, 2013.
- CSIR (Govt. of India) Senior Research Fellowship during 2014 – 2016.
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing awarded by Applied Acoustics (Elsevier) Journal in 2017
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Life-member of the Institution of Engineers (IEI), India